| || |
Wow! I cannot believe it's already the end of July, where has the summer gone? Next month is going to be pretty crazy! I can't wait for the chaos.
This summer I have been consciously trying to eat more and more clean. I planted a herb garden earlier in the summer and stocked it with basil, which is my favorite herb and the base for this salad. This is the perfect go-to salad for your summer BBQ. It is quick, easy, and versatile (you could really put it your favorite veggies or whatever is in season).
(Yields about 6 servings)
I'm pretty excited to share this project with you!
We have an enormous porch. So big we could have a party of 20, no problem. The only problem with it was our source of lighting. I hate the little porch light that is on every porch. They are aesthetically displeasing, the cover is constantly falling off, and they are simply a pain.
I came across a pin from the Sarah with an H Blog with a hula hoop and Christmas lights, I added some paper lanterns & it turned out great! It's fun and now my porch is the coolest one in our building! This project only cost me $1. Sometimes you might surprise yourself with the things you find lying around your home that you can reuse.
On a scale of 1 to 10, it was definitely an 8 on difficulty. I recommend having a helper with this one, it makes wrapping the hoop SO much easier.
Adapted From:Sarah with an H
Good Morning! I want to share with you one of my projects from the past that took a lot of work, I'm very proud of this one.
This dresser, passed down by my mom and solid oak, has changed it's appearance as many times as I have throughout my teens and early adult hood. As a teenager, I insisted my mom paint it, and everything else in my room white. A few years later, as you can see, I was into the simple black modern look. Did everyone go through those phases or was it just me?
I was moving so I thought why not do something fun with my hand-me-down dresser. I'm really impatient and when it comes to redesigning something, I want to see the final product instantly... I don't know what I was thinking with this project. I've built benches out of bedposts and window shutters, but this was a whole other league. I primed & then painted the entire dresser a dark purple first (2 coats) and let it dry for a couple days.
The taping alone took F.O.R.E.V.E.R. It was a precise project. I can't tell you how much blue tape was wasted because the first couple times I could not get it right. Patience was key here. I'm so thankful I took the time to work it out because it turned out beautiful! Once I finished taping, I painted it with a lighter shade of purple. Because of the curved drawers, the light paint bled a bit, so I went back through with a thin paintbrush and made the lines straight.
I'm really proud of the dresser makeover. It took about a week from start to finish, but it is totally worth it. I would definitely do it again, but maybe on a smaller dresser!